Saturday, June 14, 2008

Falafel Etc.: Meat Shwarma Plate

Posted on 6/14/2008 08:05:00 PM by Frank


Falafel Etc.
39200 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538

Alright so I realized I still had a picture of a dish sitting in my phone memory that haven't reviewed yet. Right now I'm sitting around in my folk's house for the weekend, bored as heck, so I've decided to take the opportunity to get the review out of the way.

On another note, I've been sick for the past couple weeks with a stomach thing so I haven't really been able to go check out more a lot of new places. Though there were a couple of note: East Bay Thai Food and World Market Sometingerother.... OK I can't remember the name of the second one but basically it's an asian buffet. And away we go.

Taste:
The shwarma here is pretty good. It's about all I order from the menu because everything else I see here is veggie. Yeah I like vegetable but for a meal I need some kind of meat. The meat is very lemony along with everything else on the plate. Also, that white sauce with green things floating around in it is very good here and I might mention unlimited with a visit to the sauce bar. The humus is pretty good though not the best I've had.

Authenticity:
Uh, yeah, very Mediterranean. I'm pretty sure that 95% of the things served here is authentic, and that's based on the 5% of experience that I've had wth this cuisine. Eh?

Consistency:
They are extremely consistent with the main dish and I haven't seen a skew yet, but the sides are a different story. I'll leave that to your imagination or maybe I just want to make you go yourself.

Cost to Serving:
Not bad... Not particularly good either though. I guess you have to take into account the labor and fresh ingredients. Well let's put it this way, If you've got 10 bucks for lunch and only plan on drinking water, try this place out.

Conclusion:
Even though it is very evident that the place used to be a mexican restaurant (you're all gonna be looking for t now), the atmosphere is nice and it's a nice quiet place to enjoy a meal. Sauce for all, even the hot chili paste.
____________________________________
Price Paid: ~10.50
Price I'd Pay: ~9
Cumulative Rating: 6.75
Take advantage of the lemons in that sauce bar and put a few wedges in that free water of yours.

No Response to "Falafel Etc.: Meat Shwarma Plate"

Leave A Reply