Wednesday, November 28, 2007

JR Alternative: El Rey del Mundo Cedro

Posted on 11/28/2007 10:37:00 AM by Frank



This is my prized every day cigar. I smoke it... well, almost every day. It's the JR Cigar alternative to the El Rey del Mundo Cedro. Yeah thats a long description but hey, I'm bored and the more I type the longer I'll have something to do. Blaaaahhh. Anyway, I found this guy on the JR website and ordered a 20 pack. Mind you this was back when I was still searching for that every day cigar. To those of you who aren't familiar with the hobby, the every day cigar must be good quality, good tasting, and still be cheap enough to burn one every day if you wanted to. I've gone through more of these to count now but I've just been too lazy to post anything. But thats good because a number have been aging for over 2 months in my humidor now and I'm really glad I waited. Out of the box they're good but aged in my homemade humi for 2 months has really improved the blend. Very creamy Dominican leaves and a smooth and slightly spicy smoke make this guy WELL worth the(dare I say?) $1 dollar a piece pricetag. And though this isn't a Cuban or even Cuban seed, its got a lot of flavor. The aged sticks also burn very evenly. But I'm starting to sound too much like a real professional reviewer here so I'll stop with that. Though I wouldn't recommend this one for the beginner, as a developed palate is needed to really taste it. And the ability to puff a little out of your nose helps too. I usually smoke these down to about the width of 2 fingers and partly because it just gets too hot to hold by then.


This one gets a 7 out of 10 in my book. Sweeeeet.

1 Response to "JR Alternative: El Rey del Mundo Cedro"

Leave A Reply