Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jack's Brewing Co.: The Knockout

Posted on 5/20/2008 06:41:00 PM by Frank


Jack's Brewing Co.
39176 Argonaut Way
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 796-2036

I've been going to Jack's for a little over a year now. I was surprised a place like this existed and in my own city no less. Before the guys at work took me here I always thought the place was some kind of expensive steak house. Well I was wrong on both counts although they do have good steak from what I hear. Not only is the sports bar atmosphere great, made evident by tables full of die hard sports fans, but it's also a microbrewery. Yeah, they make beer!!!! I love the penalty shot porter and I'd review just that if I could think of a system. Read my review and go there yourself. This place would kick Applebee's ass to the moon.

Taste:
The knockout is the best burger these guys have and is also my usual. Imagine a well seasoned medium burger patty with pastrami and red and green hot peppers on top, all in between 2 sesame seed buns. McDonald's can't come close. One of the key parts on determining taste is the fact that the waitresses never forget to ask you how you want your patty cooked. And these guys seem to have medium down to a science. It's a very good blend of spice, seasoning, and of course meat.

Authenticity:
Now you've seen my burger reviews before and usually I have trouble determining where they lie in authenticity. This is one of those exceptions that you'd take a bite out of and say, "That's a damn good slice of America!" No kidding. And it also helps being surrounded by flat screen TVs and giant beer stiles.

Consistency:
As much acclaim as I give this particulat burger, do notice a little trouble on the consistency. It's a really really really small thing really... really. It's the juiciness. Some days I can have a nice clean burger experience but other times it's all out juicefest. I can't comment on the consistency of the juice itself but it has never affected the taste. I just don't like having to look down at my shirt every bite to see if I stained it. Wow, I have to say I've never had such a spiel on burger juice.

Cost to Serving:
Very fair. There' not much more I can say about it really. You pay for the burger and get a free side of fries and as much sauce as you want. Hint: try the pepper sauce.

Conclusion:
My ultimate review of Jack's knockout is very good. It gets even better with the right microbrew beer. Meat, beer, sports... and yet this place still never manages to turn into a sausagefest, if you get my drift. The staff is like a small family although I don't think many of them are realated at all. Hell, one of the guys at work even invited them to their wedding and THEY CAME!!! And even brought 2 kegs of beer! Go to hooters and see how many of those girls would come to your wedding.
______________________________
Price Paid: ~8.95
Price I'd Pay: ~9.50
Cumulative Rating: 7.5 (but I'm tempted to go higher to avoid beatings at work)
If you thought that a free straw was good, how about a free straw and all you can slather sauce?!

1 Response to "Jack's Brewing Co.: The Knockout"

.
gravatar
Mike Says....

Frank consider this your first beating. I may have to put you on the pinata list with another co-work if that rating does not get to a solid 8.5 - 9. Every one of there burgers (The Knockout, The Black Jack, and The Tailgater) are consistently outstanding eats. Add a Porter to that meal and it is almost heavenly and worth eating there for both lunch and dinner. The burgers, fish and chips and nachos are so good and (consistently good) I am usually one of the last, if not the last, to place my order because I have NEVER had a bad experience at Jack's and cannot decide which of their great eats to choose from. If anyone is looking for an excellent family friendly, group friendly place to get an excellent meal at a very reasonable price (bonus points for great beer as well) then consider Jack's first. I will start my search for a pinata stick with Frank's name on it today.

Leave A Reply