Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Aged Cohiba Siglo IV

Posted on 6/16/2010 09:58:00 AM by Frank

     Hell, it's been a long time huh? I still pick up a stick every now and again, but I've been way too busy to hunt for new brands. I've just been sticking with my staples like this one. Now I've reviewed the CSIV before, but the difference with this one is that it has been aged for 3 years in my humidor. So here we go again:

     If you've read my other review, this is one of my cheap-enough-for-every-day smokes from JRC. Mind you that it's not a  true Cohiba, just a copy from JRC that is actually pretty damn close to the real deal in my opinion. The second I picked up this stick I gave it a sniff and it had a slight smell of, uh, cheesiness. There were very small traces of white speckles which are a good sign of a properly aged cigar. I can't describe the smell except for that it made my mouth water. The foot lit readily and very evenly as any humidity controlled cigar should. Right away there was a toasty, creamy, smooth aroma that just made me want to hang a bucket under my mouth. The taste was the same except, suprisingly, there was a bit of pepper to it, sort of like a Joya de Nicaragua. It took me completely off guard and I liked it. The aging seemed to have loosened the filler which allowed for any easy, but not too easy draw.











     No burn burn outs, no funny taste at random points of the stick, just an overall good smoke that makes you appreciate it's age. Though, having had these at various points of aging, I'd have to say that it peaks at about 2 years and further aging will not add much except loosen the filler more. 

4 out of 5







No Response to "Aged Cohiba Siglo IV"

Leave A Reply