Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Decking Out My Balcony

Posted on 6/09/2010 07:58:00 PM by Frank

     So Here I am starting another project when I'm not done with the dozen or so of the others. This time around you can't blame 100% on me. Blame the FedEx guys that delivered them to me crazy fast. And when I got these I had that sort of new toy syndrome where all your interest is suddenly diverted ADHD style.

     Deck tiles, if you're wondering, which no doubt you are, are the objects that I have here:


Again, I was so excited that I forgot to take a before pic, but you can easily see from above that my balcony was cobbled in with ugly, easily dirtied pavers. ...and so it will remain - under my spanking new shorea(wood) deck tiles, that is.



You can see below that these have a sort of hook and loop assembly. They just snap onto each other. At the top is my 6ft cedar planter. Be sure to take a look at how I made that in the woodworking section too.


I'm getting there -- I'm getting there...


Around the corner and...


DONE!



Deck tiles are cheaper and movable compared to a standard deck. This is a great option for renters who want to be able to walk out in bare feet and still be able to take their deck with them when they move. 

Remember to get a bucket of wood sealer and protectant to keep the colors as vivid as the day you received them!

More shots:


  

No Response to "Decking Out My Balcony"

Leave A Reply