Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dino's Grill: Italian Burger

Posted on 4/16/2008 03:29:00 PM by Frank



Dino's Grill
5855 Jarvis Ave
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 494-1203


Dino's is one of those places that the word "diner" would describe perfectly. The inside looks like a 50's style malt shop complete with high stools and red and white decor. From what I understand it's a family run place. It's a nice atmosphere really. Today I got my usual, the Italian burger. This comes with pasta but I usually substitute a Caesar salad in. And I almost started eating before I took a picture so that's why my burger looks smooshed.


Taste:
There's a reason why this burger became my favorite. Not only is it served in between 2 pieces of toasted garlic roll, the spicing of the meat is pretty darn good. It doesn't even need any ketchup in my opinion, just some mustard. A burger without ketchup? Yep. The patty is always moist without being too juicy or greasy and the bread is truly qualified to be called garlic bread. These guys know garlic fans when they see them.

Authenticity:
This is another one of those tricky ones that combine a few different ethnic flavors. Some might consider this strictly Americana. I can only attribute the latter to the building design and decoration or lack thereof. Yeah, I know I'm being picky here but that's just how I work. And it doesn't help that some of the other food served is Greek or super American.

Consistency:
This is one of the few places I can really tell you about that have been 100% consistent. Not even my favorite chorizo burrito can do that! Maybe it's the strict family recipes or fear of getting a beat down from grandma if they get it wrong.

Cost to serving:
No drinks with your combos here folks. Drinks are extra. This brings the average menu item to around 9-10 bucks for the cheaper stuff like the burgers. It's worth it when you have a craving for that Dino's burger. Substitutions for side dishes raise an additional buck and a half.

Conclusion:
Eat here! Sure the prices seem a little high when I describe them but it's pretty worth the experience. Just don't come at the peak times because it could get crazy. And if you happen to like Greek salad, go for it. According to my bud Mike it's the best in town. And he seems to be the authority on Greek salads.
________________________
Price paid: $~11
Price I'd pay: $9.75
Cumulative rating: 8.25
Come and get your free straw!!
________________________

No Response to "Dino's Grill: Italian Burger"

Leave A Reply