Sunday, April 6, 2008

Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe No.2

Posted on 4/06/2008 05:57:00 PM by Frank


I got this guy from the store expecting a lot. I've read the reviews and seen the ratings all around the 7.6 range. Well, sometimes those reviews just aren't as reliable as your own. This cigar is a perfect case of that. It is also a good example of not judging a book by its cover. With such fancy packaging even a new smoker would be drawn into this stick.

Well the first thing I notice is the stamped cedar insert wrapped around it. I think, "Nice, it should incorporate that flavor pretty good then". Second, I take a whiff of the stick without the cedar and notice a nice earthy smell to it. Having a natural wrapper this is a good sign usually. Cut and draw - ok nice with just a little resistance. Then finally toast and light... almost nothing! So in the first inch theres a very light, barely there cedar flavor. From here I just hope that it will develop. 3 inches in I find even less of a flavor and I'm pissed at this point. I'm so pissed that I reach for my box of Mr. Chau's leftovers. But then I stop and continue down the stick for even a glimmer of hope that some kind of flavor will come out, even a bad one. Nothing! Just an empty slight spice. Then I think to myself, "Mr. Chau's over a 7 dollar cigar? That's just crazy!". A known premium cigar failing to a pseudo Chineese piece of tangerine boneless ribs? Holy crap, if a branch tapped my sliding door to my apartment during this freak fest I would have thought the sky was falling.

This one get an extremely disappointing 4 out of 10.
And thats actually high because this thing failed so hard it couldn't even give me a bad flavor.

No Response to "Romeo y Julieta Cedro Deluxe No.2"

Leave A Reply