Friday, April 4, 2008

Onyx Reserve Robusto

Posted on 4/04/2008 11:09:00 AM by Frank

Well I promised and its here. My review of Onyx's Reserve robusto.
This is one of those cigars that literally makes me drool. You might understand why after my description. For one, it smells like chocolate! That's right, chocolate and a very fresh earthiness. As you may have read before, I have a thing for box pressed cigars and that "thing" hasn't failed me yet because I haven't had a bad box pressed so far. The wrapper is very oily, a characteristic of the maduro leaves used.
As always this stick cuts clean with a double guillotine. The unlit draw is perfect and at this point I drool even more. The wrapper has a very nutty flavor with a light saltiness like those fresh pretzels that use sea salt. It makes you want to chomp down but wait wait wait... light the sucker first. The first puff is always creamy with a bit of expresso flavor. Some say dark chocolate but this is my blog dammit. It starts off mildly spicy and finishes smooth with only a couple flavor changes along the way. The first half is more earthy and the last half is what makes me want to take a bite out of it from the smoothness plus the salty wrapper flavor.

A very good stick! Gets an 8 out of 10 from me.



1 Response to "Onyx Reserve Robusto"

.
gravatar
response-guy Says....

I agree that this is a pleasure filled easy smoke, and I absolutely love the very dark wrapper.

Ah yes, a Robusto and a pint of Bass Ale... life is great.

Leave A Reply