Monday, April 7, 2008

Woodford Reserve

Posted on 4/07/2008 07:13:00 PM by Frank

Hell I'm so hyper about what could possibly end up being a completely new hobby that I thought I'd go ahead and pass on some good accompanying drink suggestions.

You can buy Woodford Reserve whiskey from better supermarkets or BevMo, which happens to sell both cigars AND drinks. Can you rock any harder than that? Anyway, this drink is good with creamy, heavier bodied Dominican blends but it's absolutely kick-ass with spicy Nicaraguan cigars. A good example of a creamy, smooth cigar would be anything that A. Turrent has to offer. A. Turrent is actually a Mexican cigar, I should mention, but they're coming up pretty fast and I'm a fan already. But the perfect cigar would be something in the line of Hoyo de Monterrey. These peppery Nicaraguans just, well I'll say it again, kick-ass. From my experience, spicy at the foot, smooth as hell in the middle, and peppery and woody near the end. A great match. I would not recommend, however, a maduro cigar with this whiskey. The earthy, nutty flavors of, say, an Onyx Reserve would be covered by Woodford Reserve. Better a glass of Disaronno with 2 rocks for that.

And thanks Waxy for turning me on to this brand of whiskey.

No Response to "Woodford Reserve"

Leave A Reply